Privacy & cookies
OxCo collects data for the purposes of:
(1) profiling (by non-automated means including human intervention) the suitability of research for filmmaking production services;
(2) organising filmmaking and video production workshop opportunities;
(3) researching and commissioning video content for broadcast, online, social media exhibition and for social media purposes;
(5) send direct communications about workshops, trainings, events, and opportunities related to academic videos.
Any data shared with OxCo LTD will be processed in accordance with applicable UK data protection legislation, including without limitation UK GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
We often use Typeform to collect data – filling out our Typeforms means that you consent to your data being shared with parties outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) including Typerform Inc in the United States of America for the purposes of administering the survey you are filling out. Where any data is shared with Typeform Inc, we ensure that such data protection measures are put in place so as to provide you with equivalent protection as you would receive under UK privacy law, to the extent required in light of the European Court of Justice’s judgment in Case 318/11 Data Protection Commissioner v Facebook Ireland Limited and Maximilian Schrems.
Please note that where you share any sensitive categories of data such as health data or data relating to children in response to question 8 of this survey, you consent to us processing this data as special category data under Article 9 UK GDPR.
You may withdraw your consent to our processing activities at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on our data processing activities please see our privacy notice at https://oxco.video/privacy-policy/.
Under UK law (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) we are required to inform all our visitors of the information that we store in the form of ‘Cookies’.
Recording this information enables us to review the analytics of our website to ensure it’s performing as well as it should be.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics so that your browsing data is not collected. If you wish to do so please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Social Media Integration
Our website makes use of social media plugins that enable our visitors to share our content using Facebook and Twitter.
The website also uses another popular social plugin called ‘AddThis’ (http://www.addthis.com/) which enables users to share content on our website using wider number of social applications.
If you do not want ‘AddThis’ to store or collect any of your browsing data then please visit their website to opt-out.
You may change your browser settings to allow or refuse all Cookies, choose which Cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a Cookie is about to be set.
Further information can be found at:
- Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer – http://www.ehow.com/how_2033259_manage-cookies-internet.html
- Safari – http://www.ehow.com/how_2033315_manage-cookies-safari.html
- Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
Please note: If you use your browser settings to block all Cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our website, or you may experience limited functionality when trying to access certain features.
If you would like to find out more about Cookies, then please take a look at the websites below:
- All About Cookies – http://www.allaboutcookies.org/